Following the first part of our Drag & Drop series “How to drag & drop a single file”, this article will address how to move multiple files from one area to another. For Bundledocs users, moving files from one location to another is an important step when creating their electronic bundles. Adopting these drag and drop functions will help save you both time and effort.
How do I move multiple items from one location to another, at once?
- Select the first file with the mouse pointer
- Press and hold the Control Key (on the keyboard). While holding the Ctrl Key, select another file.
- Repeat step 2 until all the required files are selected. Note: It is important to keep the Ctrl Key pressed to ensure all files are highlighted.
- When all items are selected release the Control Key.
- Select and hold the highlighted items with the mouse pointer and move the pointer over to the area where you want to move the file.
- Release the mouse pointer
Now, let’s see how this looks in Bundledocs…
Top Tip! Remember when moving documents from the Storage Area to the Work Area within Bundledocs, make sure the dash line appears before dropping the document. The dash line appears as a guide to ensure you are dropping your document in the correct position.